The KOMA Elektronik BD101 Analog Gate / Delay is an innovative voltage controlled analog delay in combination with a fully adjustable wide frequency range gate. The BD101 is capable of providing bit crushing effects, resonant frequencies, fast shifts between heavy delayed and cranked up sounds and super short pulses, with whatever instrument you want to plug into it. With the on board infrared expression controller the user is able to override / control all the front panel controls by moving their hands or feet over it, which makes the pedal a versatile and powerful tool for use live or in the studio. Sensorize it! All the KOMA Elektronik pedals have an on board motion controller which allows the user to control most of the features of the pedal by just moving a hand, foot or other object over the pedal! And it’s easy as 1,2,3 to set it up: just patch the CV output of the sensor into a CV input on the pedal and you are in control! Slide it, twist it! The BD101 has a lot of control possibilities: 4 knobs to control Gate Speed, Gate Amount, Delay Time and Delay Feedback. The Gate Shape and Gate Range can be controlled by using the slide switches. In addition to the standard knobs we fitted the pedal with 2 sliders to control the Input Gain and Delay Blend. We made the sliders so it’s easier for guitarists to tweak f.i. the volume live on stage. Patch it up! The CV and audio patch bay allows control of Gate Speed, Gate Amount, Delay Time, Delay Feedback and gives the possibility to synchronize the pedal with an external clock signal. It also gives the possibility to make an external effects loop which allows the user to send out the processed feedback signal, run it through other effects and feed it back into the pedal. Attenuate it! On the back of the BD101 you’ll find – next to the DC input – trimmers to attenuate all the CV in- and outputs of the pedal. You can easily set the sensitivity of the sensor and the output voltages of the Gate Speed, Gate Amount, Delay Time and Delay Feedback CV inputs. Controls
- Slide controls for Input Gain and Delay Blend for more control while playing
- On board infrared motion controller, also a standalone CV feature
- CV inputs for Gate Speed, Gate Amount, Delay Time and Delay Feedback
- CV input for External Clock signals and synchronization with other KOMA pedals
- CV attenuators on the back of the pedal to fine-tune the CV in- and outputs
- Send/Return Insert for external processing of BBD Feedback signals
- A wide frequency range Gate / AM; choose between High, Mid and Low
- Multiple Gate shapes; Ramp, Pulse and Sawtooth.
Technical Specifications General
- Case: Powder coated aluminium casing, silkscreened text and wooden side panels.
- Dimensions: 23 cm x 15 cm x 5 cm (L x W x H) / 9 x 6 x 2 (L x W x H).
- Net. Weight: 800 gr / 1.7 lb.
- Shipping Weight: 1 kg. / 3.0 lb including power adapter and instruction manual.
- Power requirements: 9V DC power adapter, 500mA min, center polarity negative (only use the adapter shipped with the pedal)
- INPUT GAIN – slide control which allows the user to set the input gain of the plugged in instrument or line audio signal, 0 to +20dB variable gain.
- DELAY BLEND – slide control to set the amount of processed delay signal within your overall sound from completely dry to completely wet.
- GATE SPEED – rotary control to adjust the speed of the gate.
- GATE AMOUNT – rotary control which adjusts the amount of the gate signal applied to the audio input signal, going from not influenced at all to amplitude modulated to completely gated.
- CYCLE – rotary control to adjust the amount of processed signal fed back into the signal chain. Going from no signal being fed back to ‘usual’ feedback sounds creating overtones and/or karplus effects to going completely nuts with feedback.
- DELAY TIME – rotary control to set the delay time. Please note that the delay chip used in this circuit was never meant to go anywhere near the settings between 6 – 10 where serious bitcrushing like effects and other odd sounds start to appear.
- GATE SHAPE – 3 pole toggle switch to switch between the 3 different shapes of the gate: ramp, pulse and sawtooth.
- GATE RANGE – 3 pole toggle switch to switch between high, mid or low speed range for the gate.
- GATE SPEED LED – indicates the speed and shape of the gate clock.
- EFFECT ON LED – indicates if the effect is switched on or bypass.
- FOOTSWITCH – Heavy duty Alpha footswitch.Turning the effect on or off.
- 2 IR EMITTERS, 1 IR RECEIVER – calculates the distance between an object and the pedal and generates a CV signal according to the measured distance. The CV output of this sensor appears as a CV output on the patchbay from where you can route it to the CV input of your desired, to-bemodulated feature.
- AUDIO IN – plug your sound source here.
- AUDIO OUT – listen to what you created here.
- CYCLE OUT – you can grab your processed signal here before it is being fed back into the circuit here. By sending this signal into external effect units (e.g. filters or EQs) you can change the sound being fed back into the pedal through plugging your externally processed sound into CYCLE IN.
- CYCLE IN – by plugging an externally processed sound into this jack you break the internal CYCLE circuit, thus being able to change the feedback sound in any way you desire.
- CYCLE IN – CV input to control the amount of (internally or externally) processed signal being fed back into the circuit.
- SPEED – CV input to control the speed of the gate.
- AMOUNT – CV input to control the amount of gate being applied to the plugged in signal.
- EXT. GATE – CV input that allows you to control the gate by external gate and/or CV signals.
- DLY TIME – CV input to set the delay time.
- SENSOR – CV output of the onboard motion sensor for usage with CV inputs on the pedal, other KOMA Elektronik pedals or other voltage-controlled devices.